The HealthConnect Force.com application runs on three geographically dispersed, mirrored data centers with built-in replication, disaster recovery, a redundant network backbone, and no single points of failure.
3 global data centers & disaster recovery
Salesforce.com’s three state-of-the-art data centers feature carrier-class bandwidth and the latest infrastructure already configured to serve 2 million subscribers. The facilities are linked through a resilient multicarrier, multipath multiprotocol label switching/virtual private LAN service (MPLS/VPLS) backbone, providing real-time failover and point-to-multipoint replication, as well as disk-to-disk-to-tape backups. Other protections include biometric scanning, "lights out"/opaque cages, video and infrared surveillance, intrusion-detection scanning and security audits.
The HealthConnect Force.com platform backup policy:
- All networking components, SSL accelerators, load balancers, Web servers, and application servers are configured in a redundant configuration.
- All customer data is stored on a primary database server that is clustered with a backup database server for redundancy.
- All customer data is stored on disk storage that is mirrored across different storage cabinets and controllers.
- All customer data—up to the last committed transaction—is automatically backed up to a primary tape library on a nightly basis.
- Backup tapes are immediately cloned to a second tape library to verify their integrity, and the clones are moved to secure, fire-resistant, off-site storage on a regular basis.
- Disaster recovery plans are in place.